GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON THIS PAGE ARE THE PROVISION FOUND ON THE FIRST PAGE, AND GENERAL TERMS TO AGREE ON FROM OUR WEBSITE.
• "YOU" OR "YOUR" MEANS THE PERSON INDENTIFIED AS THE RENTER IN THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY PERSON SIGNING THIS AGREEEMNT, ANY AUTHORIZED DRIVER OR ORGANIZATION TO WHOM CHARGES ARE BILLED BY US (NAMWEL). THE PERSON REFERRED TO AS "YOU" OR "YOUR" ARE JOINTLY BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, WITH NAMWEL CAR RENTAL.
• "AUTHORIZED DRIVER" MEANS THE RENTER AND ANY ADDITIONAL DRIVER WHO WILL BE ON THE AGREEMENT AND MUST BE AT LEAST 21 yrs OF AGE HAVING A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE WITH A PUBLIC DRIVING PERMIT.
• AUTHORIZED DRIVERS ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DRIVE THE VEHICULES. "ADDITIONAL DRIVERS" MEANS A PERSON WHO IS NOT LISTED ON THE PAGE OF THE AGREEMENT NEED EXTRA PAYMENTS, IN CASE OF THE BUSES, THE DRIVER NEED TO PRESENT THE PUBLIC DRIVING PERMIT THERE FOR NO UNAUTHORIZED PERSON CAN DRIVE OUR VEHICLES WITHOUT NAMWEL AGREEMENT.
• "VEHICLE" MEANS THE MOTOR IDENTIFIED INCLUDING: TIRES, TOOLS, ACCESSORIES, EQUIPMENTS, KEYS AND DOCUMENTS. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE PORTABLE NAVIGATION DEVICES OR CHILD SAFETY SEATS, A TRAILLER, WI-FI THAT YOU RENT FROM US.
This is a contract for rental of the Vehicle. We may terminate this agreement and repossess the Vehicle at your expense without notice to you, if you breach this Agreement or if the Vehicle is abandoned or used in violation of law or this Agreement. You agree to indemnify us, defend us and hold us harmless from all claims, liability, costs and attorney fees we incur resulting from or arising out of this rental and your use of the Vehicle. The fuel will not be included unless suggested by the client.
- The vehicle is equipped with a full tank and must be return with a full tank.
- YOU MUST ONLY REFUEL WITH THE CORRECT TYPE OF FUEL.
- Vehicle will be released into clients care with a clear program.
You MUST hold and produce a driving license valid in Namibia or in SADC countries. The driving license must have been issued by authorized authorities at least 12 months before the date of the commencement of the rental. In addition to the normal driving license, an international driving license is also compulsory if the driving license is written in a language different to the one of the renting country and, or in characters that cannot be read in the renting country. Please note that the international driving license is valid only if accompanied by the normal driving license.
You must produce a valid credit card with an expiry date after the due check-in date or a valid NamWel charge card at pick up time. The payment need to be specified on value or the mention "Group & Days apply", you must also present your own credit card for those charges that have not been prepaid (such as extras, refueling charge, excess due in the event of damage to or loss of the rented vehicle.
Cancellation must be made within 15 working days.
If you rented a child safety seat from us, you have the sole responsibility to properly install the seat. The seat is rented "AS IS". We make no warranties, express, implied or apparent, regarding the seat, no warranty of merchantability and no warranty that the seat is fit for a particular purpose. You are responsible for all injury or damage arising out of, or related to your use of the child safety seat.
Even if you purchase LDW and do not violate point Roadside Assistance, still you will be responsible for the following cost: the delivering replacement of the key, towing the Vehicle to the nearest garage (town), flat tire service and jumpstarts.
You will be responsible for all charges.
If you lock the keys in the Vehicle and request assistance from NamWel, you will be charged for it.
If you purchase the optional roadside assistance, we will provide you with 24/7 breakdown assistance (where available) without additional charge. Roadside Assistance includes replacement of lost keys or key fobs, flat tire service, jumpstart, and key lockout services. When deciding whether to purchase roadside assistance, you may wish to check whether you have other coverage for the services. Roadside assistance is not insurance. Roadside assistance is void if you are in breach of this agreement, including the prohibited uses in point Loss Damage Waiver (LDW).
NamWel insurance will cover the liability of 5 Million Namibian dollars, driver not included. You are responsible for all damages and loss. We agree to provide auto liability, collision and comprehensive insurance covering you and the Vehicle.
Where state law requires us to provide auto liability insurance, or if you have no auto liability insurance, we provide auto liability insurance (the "Policy") that is excess to any other valid and collectible insurance whether primary, secondary, excess or contingent. The Policy provides bodily injury and property damage liability coverage with limits no higher than minimum levels prescribed by the financial responsibility laws of the State whose laws apply to the loss.
Coverage is void if you: give the Vehicle to an unauthorized driver or otherwise materially breach the terms of this agreement; or if you fail to cooperate in any loss investigation conducted by us or our insurer. You grant us a limited power of attorney to present claims to your insurance carrier for damage to or loss of the vehicle that occurs while you are responsible for the Vehicle.
1. NamWel insurance excludes tires, wheel rim damage, headlamp breakage, inside the car, sandblasts, the underbody damage, back screen, car keys, breakage, windows and loss of personal properties.
2. NamWel insurance covered windscreen and in case of any accident on the vehicle
3. The will be a non refundable fee of N$ 410.00 per day for the full cover insurance which doesn’t include the total damage of the vehicle by accident in case of any negligence. This insurance covers: the tires, sandblasts, back screen, windows and lamps.
Once the car involve in any accident the company will need the nearest Police report and NamWel will only cover 50% of the damages. In case of not complying with the policy of the company, the client MUST cover 100% of the damages.
During the car rental you must carry out the usual checks [engine oil level, tire pressure, the internal cleanness, etc.], when using our service, we must respect the maintenance cycle of the vehicle as stated in the maintenance guide.
All cash payments can be done at the office or EFT (Bank details are provided in our tax invoice). Upon agreement, 50% of the amount must be paid as a deposit for confirmation, if not we do not consider the booking; the remaining amount must be paid before picking up the vehicle.
The charges in this agreement will exclude:
1. All expenses, locating and recovering of the vehicle if failed to be return at our office.
2. All costs including pre and post-judgment fees of the attorney (lawyer), even the collecting payment from you will be included under this agreement.
3. Towing, storage charges, forfeitures, court costs, penalties and all other costs will be included during this rental.
Special rental rates: this will depend on the upgrade category of vehicle, equipment and services provided to you will be free of charge. If you return the vehicle after the due-date, you will be charged on the standard rates for each day (or partial day), which may be substantially higher than the rate for the initially period, for any equipment or services provided to you.
Note: We offer one second spare tyre full covered on request for N$ 65.00 daily.
The payment chooses to be done on electronic device by a credit or debit card (EFT) to book from the choice categories vehicle. We may use the deposit to pay any cost damages as mentioned above NamWel can refund the amount on EFT or cheque according to refundable amount. NamWel will provide the company bank details to allow you to do the payment or the electronic transfer.
A refundable deposit of N$ 1,000.00 must be paid for guaranty upon collection of the vehicle which can cover the cost of loss, damages, keys, equipment, fuel, minor extra damages and carwash if needed. The deposit is refundable only when the vehicle has been cleaned and checked out by our workshop after returning. The funds will be paid back during the standard office hours.
- Please note that the registered company with us on STO does not need to pay the refundable deposit. The STO prices will be only given to our regular customers who fill up the forms.
We can provide you with professional drivers if needed by than you will be fully covered.